Where can I buy composite Rebar?
The points of sale are indicated in the "Buy" section on our website. Recommended retail prices are listed in the price list on our website. However, the company " MRG-Composites " does not carry out retail sales of composite reinforcement. The exact price can be found at the retailers listed in the "Buy" section on our website.
What is the minimum quantity or minimum purchase amount?
With retailers, you can buy any quantity of rebar you need.
How is the composite reinforcement packed, what is the minimum and maximum length of the rod?
Composite rebar "MRG Composites" is produced in the form of rods of various lengths. Rods with diameters from 4 mm to 10 mm (inclusive) are produced in lengths of 50 and 100 meters and are packed in coils. Starting with a diameter of 12 mm, the rebar is produced by twigs 12 meters long.
How many meters in the packing rebar each diameter and where to find this information?
Details are indicated on the label.
How much does one package or bay of reinforcement weigh?
Details are indicated on the label. Approximate weight:
Weight of the bay 6 mm, 100 m = 4.6 kg.
Weight of the bay 8 mm, 100 m = 8 kg.
Weight of the bay 10 mm, 100 m = 12 kg.
Can I create an order not in packages, but in separate items in pieces?
You can form an order in any form by sending an application to e-mail: email@example.com
What is an individual order?
Individual order is formed directly by the buyer. You can choose the reinforcement of any length and diameter in the amount necessary for the construction of the object.
How to transport composite rebar?
Rebar in coils can be transported in the trunk, by car or boda boda. A rebar with a diameter more then 10 mm is produced in 12 meters long rods, so a truck is required to transport it.
What equipment is required for unloading of composite rebar?
Forklift. A small amount can be loaded manually.
Are there special storage conditions for composite reinforcement?
To store composite fittings produced by the company "MRG Composite" does not require special conditions. Rebar can be stored in unheated warehouses or in heated warehouses no closer than one meter from the heating devices for 2 years in accordance with ISO 10406-1: 2015.
It is not recommended to store composite rebar on the open site more then 3 month without any coverage.
Are there any discounts depending on the amount of the order?
Cumulative discounts are possible. Terms are discussed individually with each buyer.
What is the savings with fiberglass composite rebar?
The size of the savings depends on the type of concrete construction. In general, with an equally strong replacement of steel reinforcement on fiberglass composites, the size of savings can be significant.
Where is the savings?
Savings are achieved due to the higher strength of glass composites compared to steel, which allows the use of a smaller diameter. And also at the expense of saving on transport costs - for transportation of reinforcement in diameter from 4 mm to 10 mm (inclusive), there is enough trunk of the car or boda boda.
How to determine the quality of the rebar?
The quality of composite rebar is determined by conducting tests in the production and in specialized laboratories. However, when buying a composite rebar, you should pay attention to the following:
1. On the cylindrical surface of the reinforcement bar there should be no cracks, chips, delaminations, shells, scuffs with a gust of winding, dents from mechanical impact with damage to the fibers.
2. The rebar must not have a pronounced brown color (a bright brown color indicates a violation of the temperature regime during production and damage to the composite). This leads to the fragility of the rebar and to its complete worthlessness. However, if the use of coloring agents (coloring additives) or sand coatings was used in the production of the fixture, this characteristic may not be entirely objective.
3. Quality rebar is characterized by the preservation of the exact diameter of the rod. The diameter of the reinforcement should be the same throughout the length of the rod.
4. The rod should be evenly coated with a cured epoxy resin, without any deposits, smudges, resin-impregnated areas.
5. Armature of diameters of 6 mm and above is not susceptible to brittleness. It's hard to break such an armature with your hands.
6. Wound belt (winding thread), which creates a ribbed reinforcing bar, can also be a factor in evaluating the quality of the rebar. The winding of the armpole should be uniform. An important point is the strength of the cohesion of the winding thread with the main shaft. It is necessary to arm yourself with a knife, an awl, a nail or other tool that will help to clarify the quality. If the thread is picked up and you are able to separate and wind the wound belt, then this is a defective rebar. On the qualitative rebar it is possible to separate only a small tip of the thread.
The company "MRG-Composites" carries out input control of raw materials and materials, operational control (parameters of equipment operation), acceptance control of finished products. To test compliance with the requirements of ISO 10406-1: 2015 the following tests are carried out: acceptance, periodic, typical.
During these tests, the following parameters are monitored:
2. geometric dimensions: outer diameter, nominal diameter, length;
3. ultimate tensile strength;
4. tensile modulus;
5. compressive strength;
6. ultimate strength in cross-section;
7. ultimate strength of adhesion to concrete;
8. reduction of tensile strength after aging in alkaline medium;
9. ultimate strength of adhesion to concrete after aging in alkaline medium;
10. operating temperature limit.
Which certificates and test reports are available for the composite reinforcement?
The quality of composite rebar manufactured by MRG-Composites is confirmed by the ISO 10406-1: 2015 certificate of conformity, the quality certificate. There are also test reports issued by an accredited laboratory with a well-known name in the field of testing of reinforced concrete structures.
Are there any facilities in which composite rebar have already been applied?
Today, the use of composite reinforcement is already massive, and our company does not have the ability to track all the facilities on which it is applied. If you want, you can always find information about such objects on the Internet.